Card ratings for collecting feedback on content

Related products: Card Creation Knowledge Management Tools

I think it would be great if there was an option for users to rate cards. The comment section is good for specific feedback, but the subjective feedback is lost. When asking about feedback I often hear "It's okay." which doesn’t help improve its usability. With an anonymous rating system more people would give feedback. With rating, authors can see in analytics which card is most liked and see how that card is written and designed, and try to use that as a guide for other cards.

I feel a 1-10 star system would be best, as a 1-5 star system often end up everybody giving 1 or 5 stars (example: Amazon's broken rating system, everything under 4,5 is seen as garbage)
The option to rate the card could be at the top, after "Comments", or at the bottom of the card. Somewhere fast and easy to use, not hidden behind a menu.

And, just like the guru NPS widget I just saw, an option to add a comment
The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Hi! I'm Sandy, the product manager for card creation and editing functionality. Thanks for the feedback! I can understand an easy feedback look can go a long way in improving content and thus, reader experience.

We don't have plans to prioritize this feedback, so I'm going to leave this post in "Open" status to keep gathering input from other users. I’ll be sure to revisit this post when we next evaluate our roadmap priorities later this year.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

This is a great Idea, and it could be very useful for us, collecting feedback about our content. 

I think it will also be great to have the possibility to rate the search suggestions or the Knowledge Triggers: To check if the Cards being suggested fits the situation. (Maybe not all the time but randomly, to have an insight of how this is performing) 

Hi @Joaquin Felix Dalla Via I’d love to see your thought about feedback on searches as it’s own feedback post (I can’t split it out on your behalf from this one sadly).

If you do create another post it’d be helpful to add some more details about what you’d like people to be able to do when providing feedback and who you’d want to receive that information and how. We’ve talked a little bit about this internally but don’t have any firm plans yet so there’s plenty of room for you (and others) to influence if/what might be done!

I would really like to see this feature implemented as it was available in some of the other knowledge products I evaluated. Seeing what content is used is important but so is gathering simple feedback on the quality of that feedback.

Agree with others here. This is a good feature for us to be able to get some metrics on value/quality of the cards and potentially other KPIs where we can use to show ROI and value of the Guru platform

Totally need this feature as of yesterday! Workflows are often one of the biggest issues for frontline agents, so we need a better mechanism here above what’s being offered with the trust score.

We manage thousands of articles and need to be able to assess the performance of those articles each and every month as we’re making updates by giving our 1K+ agents a way to rate what they think of those articles. Having a 5-star rating system on each article would allow us to triage the articles that our agents say need to be improved, updated, etc. I think a 5-star rating system could also be used when reporting out the performance of the knowledge portfolio month over month. I’d like to call it KSAT (knowledge satisfaction). We need to be able to see if KSAT is going up or down month over month.

Alternatively, another way to do this is to update the trust score feature instead to include this functionality. Today, trust score is just someone confirming that the article is approved/looks good/verified, but that’s just one person who’s doing that vs. the thousands of agents who are interacting with that article and have feedback on it (so having KSAT is absolutely vital here I think, and perhaps if Guru is not a fan of KSAT, then let’s look at repurposing trust score to include what I’ve outlined here).

How can we make this happen asap?

Any update on this?

Big-time downvote 👎

I agree.  The simply smiley face icons that appear at the bottom of the help pages for us authors would suffice.  Nothing that is required or gets in the way if users don’t wish to vote or already have voted, but the option is nice. 

Hi everyone, 

Laura from the Guru PM team here. We appreciate your continued feedback on this topic 😊! We agree that tools that help authors understand how the content they’ve created is being received by readers are important and that while existing comments and analytics functionality can help with this, they aren’t ideal solutions. That said, we haven’t prioritized improvements in this area but we’ll continue to keep this desire in mind and keep this post open for additional comments. Thank you!

We have some team members highly interested in this so that we can get more engagement from non-verifiers and users of the content, with the additional requirement that there must be some way to discern when a rating took place. (For example, if a card was updated in response to a low rating/ranking, then does the rating reset so users are evaluating the newly written knowledge or is there a way to indicate ratings that applied to specific revisions?)