Easier way to switch between bulleted text and paragraph text

Related products: Card Creation

Assume you have a bulleted or a numbered list in card editor:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3

Assume you decided that you want to add a paragraph or several paragraphs in the middle of the list. If you try to put the cursor between the elements and hit Enter 2 times, unlike in the editor in this forum, or in MS Word, you will just get 2 empty elements in the list rather than split the list into 2:

• item 1
  • item 2
  •  
  •  
  • item 3

If you just hit the shortcut or press the list button, the whole list will turn to a regular paragraph, that’s also not what I want.

Finally, there is an option to press Shift-Enter to add a new line between the elements of the list, which is also not what I wanted - I need a real paragraph.

For now I resort to entering the desired paragraphs after the list, then cut the part of the list and paste it after the additional paragraph/paragraphs.

Hi @Michael Genenko, try using shift to start a new row without bullets or numbering, write out or add your content, and and then enter again to continue the list or bullets.

A similar question was asked here around inserting other media in between bullets or numbering.

Oops, I just saw you don’t want to use shift enter.  So that’s out :(

For the paragraph in between numbering or bulleting, is it important to maintain indentation with the list?

Caroline from Technical Support here :wave: thanks @Amelia Altstadt  for jumping in to help. @Michael Genenko, wanted to follow up on our conversation in Intercom to close the loop here! 

• You can break up a list of bullets with a paragraph block by hitting enter twice after the bullet you want to see the break after. 
  • You can also use the shift+enter method to maintain the bulleted text block, but include a line without a bullet. 

I think you raised really valuable feedback about making the process of switching between bullets and paragraph text blocks easier so thank you for that! Because of that I’ll go ahead and re-title this post to reflect that feedback - thanks again for sharing. :blush: