Expanded Guru Analytics

Related products: Analytics

Hello! Sharing feedback around Analytics the feature.

What: Expand Guru analytics to include:

• the ability to compare top views, favorites, search results, copies, etc. across collections and user groups
  • linked card data (vs needing to export that in a csv or hook up to api)
  • filters used when searching
  • tags used when searching
  • average trust score (and not just graph of trust score)
  • Save analytics filters

Why:

The ability to compare top views, favorites, search results, copies, etc. across collections and user groups

• While the Guru Analytics tab is useful to look at general results or a set of filters, it limits your ability to segment and compare data. Exports/comparisons across different user groups and collections must be done individually or outside of Guru. Expanding the dashboard to include this would allow users to better compare usage and trends by groups as well as performance across collections. We use this information to better understand users and content performance.
  • Our collection owners are responsible for multiple collections, and this would help them manage that content without having to individually filter by collection each time.
  • Similarly, we have team leads tracking usage across multiple groups, and this would allow them to compare across groups as opposed to seeing a single view with everyone or needing to run reports for each group.

Filter and tagging data:

• We would like to also learn more about trends in how users search beyond search terms (what filters are they using and what tags, or what combinations.) Right now we need to ask this via survey or by observing users, and having this readily available would make it more accurate, timely, and actionable.

Average trust score

• This is something we report on regularly (and Guru has even encouraged us to calculate) but it must be manually computed

Save filters:

• Each time we run Analytics by collection, we need to manually set up filters. We use the “save filters” option for a lot of work in card manager, and would utilize it similarly in Analytics. This would make running analytics a lot less manual and redundant.

If Analytics included more of these items (especially the comparison across collections and groups)m, we would definitely increase our usage of the scheduling feature in Analytics. I’d love to schedule more detailed reports with the items above to be regularly sent to our collection owners, leads, and stakeholders. 

One other note - I would love if Analytics went a similar direction as Card Manager, e.g. with the ability to select which columns and data fields are included in the report/dashboard.

I agree with this! The analytics will be more value-adding if we can get a lot of information on it, and move away from manually computing average trust scores and re-doing filters every time it’s needed. 

I hope this feature can be added soon.

+1 to Saving Filters! I run the exact same filters on a monthly basis for each Analytics tab (User, Collections, etc) to collect data that I use for my Key Performance Indicators that are shared with leadership folks. It is such a time-wasting task having to select a date range and filter to a specific group, and hit refresh - so many clicks that can be saved with just a saved filter I could select instead.

I’d love if we could filter Analytics by Tag or Board.