Hierarchical Tagging

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools Navigation and Search

Hello there! It will be great to have a Hierarchical Tagging to improve the organization of the tags instead of having too many tag categories.

Business case example: For our Analytics team will be very helpful for the organization of their cards related with type of turbines have a hierarchical tagging (at least in 3 levels):

Tag Category OEM Child ROTOR DIAMETER Child

OEM

Possible Tags: Vestas, GE, Senvion, etc.

ROTOR DIAMETER

Possible Tags: 100m, 90m, 88m, etc.

MODEL

Possible Tags: V90, 2.5XL, G90, etc.

Now, we have created 3 different tag categories to solve that problem. However, a hierarchical tagging would improve the organization, identification and searchability of the cards.

Thanks for your attention!

Hi Elias, 

PM for search and discovery here! Leaving aside the management of tags and potential reporting use cases (I’m not the expert on those), I’m curious how you’d expect these hierarchies to work in search?

I may have misunderstood but in this scenario, it seems like a Card would be tagged with a “Vestas” tag, at least one tag from the OEM set, and at least one from the Rotor set, is that right? Would you expect to be able to search by a tag category like “Vestas”? If so, what Cards would you expect to get back, ones with that tag category only or those Cards plus Cards with any tag(s) from the child sets?

I’m curious if you had the ability to filter a set of search results by boards or collections, if that would solve the searchability part of this?

Or maybe you’re looking for this mostly from the perspective of making it easier to tag cards correctly? I’m think of the menu for choosing tags when editing Cards…

Thanks!