Schedule Card edits to publish at a later date

Related products: Card Creation Knowledge Management Tools

Hi all, got a bit of a niche problem that comes up for us quite regularly that could do with a solution. When you have a card, that is valid up to a certain date, but you want it to be updated to different copy on a future date (say on a release date) it would be awesome to have some way of making edits to a card that come into effect after a certain date. This is so these edits could be made in advance, allowing teams to prepare and reduce the amount of activities that need to take place on the day. Like a scheduled update feature... not sure how you would best implement this whilst still keeping things straight forward. Would be a great feature for public cards too.
🤔 I've done this by accident, but I'll add the changes in, and I'll back out and close the card without saving. Guru usually prompts me that I have an unsaved card with changes on it in my notifications, then I can just wait until the feature ships to "update it".

It's a not-so-elegant-hack-workaround, but it's something you can do now?

Other option would be to create a draft card and then you can copy it to your existing card and delete the draft. That's still work, but at least the formatting is done?

@nick.snelling

thanks for sharing, super helpful to hear use cases like this that present a challenge. Curious if others here have any similar challenges around drafting and/or scheduling cards to be updated or published?

I do - @chrisanderson - always like to queue up changes before a product release, so I have less to do the day of.
Yes, we would totally use a feature like this. Especially for new launches or product updates, right now we use Google docs as a staging area and then copy/paste into the card when the changes are live. 🤦
(For the workaround to create a draft card then swap them out, that doesn't really work for us because we link to Guru cards from other cards, from our LMS, etc. so we'd have to replace the links every single time which...no. 😂)

+1 to this request. I've hacked this in various ways, from creating private cards that I simply copy and paste over the old content, then archive, to simply releasing "future" information early on an existing card but with a big bold disclaimer about the date that new functionality will be available.

This has been requested a while ago. The feature would be valuable for the roll out of new or updated guru cards.

Hi everyone! My name is Sydney, and I’m on the Guru PM team. We’re doing some research around our Card update workflows right now, and I’d love to dive deeper into some of the ideas shared in this thread—if anyone would like to discuss feedback, please grab some time on my calendar

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.