See how often terms are searched and what Cards are clicked on the most

Related products: Analytics Navigation and Search

Saw this feature in Highspot today and thought I'd share it here in case it hasn't been mentioned before.
What I liked about this Highspot feature was the ability to see how often something is searched, what content is showing up for that search, and what content is being clicked on the most. this would help give me an idea of not only what people are searching for, but what they are actually clicking on when searching for those terms.

image_1741.png

The “Successful searches” “Missing knowledge” reports in the Knowledge Usage analytics dashboard fail to show what users clicked.

Thanks so much for sharing @harrison.waid! Keep the great feedback coming!

Harrison - Thanks for the post!  Am I correct in understanding that you utilize both Highspot and Guru?  Would you mind sharing more on how you’ve deployed, trained and integrated these two technologies?  I have a theory that having a full fledged SE tech plus Guru is a great combo but its hard to find clarity on who has this deployed and how.

Thanks!

Saw this feature in Highspot today and thought I'd share it here in case it hasn't been mentioned before.
What I liked about this Highspot feature was the ability to see how often something is searched, what content is showing up for that search, and what content is being clicked on the most. this would help give me an idea of not only what people are searching for, but what they are actually clicking on when searching for those terms.

image_1741.png

The “Successful searches” “Missing knowledge” reports in the Knowledge Usage analytics dashboard fail to show what users clicked.

This thread is old but it showed up in my search on here for community discussions of the Successful search report. The above request to add a count of the number of clicks on a search result could add insights to the search report. Although, just because someone clicks on a search result doesn’t mean the card will give the user what they were looking for. Some search results - cards - have titles that relate to the search term, but the content of the card doesn’t provide the detail that the user wanted. I experienced this first hand.

I was recently looking for info on my company’s Guru wiki. I couldn’t find what I was looking for. However, the search term I used showed up in the Successful searches report. This surprised me! The search was definitely not successful. I clicked on several of the results - but none gave me the info I needed.

Maybe the name of the report should change. And if you add columns for Impressions and Clicks, the report would be on search journeys, rather than successful searches. Rename it to Search journeys?  And rename the other search report, Unsuccessful searches, to Searches with no journeys.