Update the Guru mobile app

Related products: Mobile

I am really enjoying Guru so far!

My Problem and Feature Request is to be able to do everything the Web App can do - but on the Mobile App.

The most requested functions in order:

1. Ability to leave a comment on a Card and all comment capabilities (view, reply, resolve, dismiss etc.) 
  2. View/Acknowledge Knowledge Alerts
  3. View Collections & Boards
  4. Create a Card

Our team that uses this the most is often away from a computer and only has their mobile to rely on.

Asking them to sit down at a computer at the end of the day and acknowledge their knowledge alerts is not a viable solution for us. 

Needing them to take the extra few steps to navigate to the Web App on mobile - find the needed card - then comment is too many steps if they already have the card open in the app - resulting in a lack of feedback for our Authors. 

While it’s technically possible for them to use the Web App on their phone - it’s a bit clunky as it doesn’t seem entirely designed for mobile view. 

As fantastic as Guru is - I am incredibly disappointed in the lack of mobile features.

Please consider adding a complete phone app overhaul to your forecast.

Thank you

I completely agree! I’d love to see a more robust mobile app for our teams that travel as well! The experience should be as close to the same from the web app to mobile app so that users can seamlessly find information they need regardless of where they are accessing it. 

Yes, not being able to access web app features easily can be a hindrance for our team!

We have employees who work in the field and need to be able to capture troubleshooting information to share with the various departments and work together on finding a solution.

Roughly 80% of our team is in the field and not able to access a desktop/laptop computer and relies on their phone to access information.

It would be ideal if the tech in the field could use the phone app to Create a Card that has all the functionality of the web app to capture the details they need to share - from there they could then have a dialogue with the relevant parties to work out a Verified Solution that can then be shared with the team - just like would happen if they were sitting at a desk with the web app. 

It would be great if they could even upload images or video with their phone through the app as well!

Hopefully this is something the Guru team is working towards! 

Thanks @Cara McBeath for the feedback! This is definitely something we are aware of and actively looking into! While we don’t have a definitive timeline right now and most likely won’t see material improvements in the native mobile experience in the near-term future, it is absolutely something we are working towards.

We are just starting to kick off our research and discovery plan in this area, so I will absolutely be in touch when we have more to share or if I have any additional questions about the mobile use cases and challenges your team is facing

Updated idea statusOpenAccepted

Thanks Jon!  Exciting this has been accepted long term 😁

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need more feedback in this area 😄

Cheers

+1

We are new to Guru and quite surprised at the lack of functionality and ongoing development efforts toward the mobile application. I think Guru is missing a huge opportunity here, especially with respect to field-oriented organizations that need access almost exclusively from their mobile device, although every company can benefit from and appreciate a well-developed mobile experience. Spending time with the web application and seeing the amount of functionality built into the web, mobile seems to have significantly fallen off track. I understand that mobile has been an afterthought, however, your users will embrace mobile if you develop it, it will also attract a much wider audience as many companies evaluate mobile functionality before making a decision on which SAAS platform to choose. Guru has a total of 33 ratings in the Apple App Store and the last deployed bug fix was around October 2022, this clearly shows mobile isn’t a priority, please reach out to your customer base to inquire what they would like to see implemented in mobile and start a roadmap toward a true mobile product, we love the web version, let’s carry that over to mobile!

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

@arashidi Thank you for your feedback, and for the positive sentiment around the web app experience!

We're always evaluating our product roadmap and prioritizing features based on several different factors, and given the volume of feedback and our desire to live where our users work, for the moment we've shifted our focus to address not just the web app, but also areas like our Slack integration (where a lot of mobile users interact with Guru) and the browser extension.

We recognize the long-term importance of our mobile application though and know it's important to fund these areas to best support our customers. We do hope to come back to this after our other integration investments, and will certainly keep you and the rest of the Community up to date as our priorities continue to develop.

HI @Jon Saft! Thanks for the update! The detailed response is appreciated. However, I have to admit, it is disappointing to read you’ve shifted your focus to other areas, as the mobile app seems to be the most glaring pain point. 

I’m obviously not across the technical details, but seemingly basic functionality updates like adding a card or having a small dashboard on the home page of the mobile app would have a massive impact to the overall user experience. 

It would be great to see an expansion of the functionality of the mobile app in the near term. As a tour company, we would really like our guides to be able to use the app on the ground to help manage their tours. This would be possible with just a few improvements. 

We also use Slack, so please do let me know if you think the updates to the Slack/Guru integration will help with regards to field work.

Thanks!

Echoing the feedback from above. Our team travels to a lot of conferences and were very excited to see that Guru offered a mobile app. However, not being able to create cards and capture content “in the field” takes away from the benefit. Please let me know if there are any new plans to get this feature on the roadmap!

AcceptedOpen

I deeply appreciate everyone’s feedback on the mobile app! Since this was moved to “Accepted,” we’ve made some changes to our Product Strategy and we currently have no plans to add new functionality to the mobile apps. Based on usage data, we’ve invested in making our mobile web app experience identical to that of the desktop - allowing you to ask questions with Answers, create cards and just about anything else you’d want to do. Here’s more info on the mobile web app if you’re interested. 

If you have feedback about brining more functionality to the mobile app I strongly encourage you to continue sharing it here, as this is an incredibly valuable source of feedback for us!