RELEASE NOTE

Introducing 'Assist for Readers': Boost Your Reading Efficiency with AI-powered Summarization and Translation!

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools
Introducing 'Assist for Readers': Boost Your Reading Efficiency with AI-powered Summarization and Translation!

Hi Guru Community!

Starting today, our AI-powered feature, Assist, can be utilized by anyone when reading a Guru card. Prior to this release, Assist was only available in the card editor for authors and admins to help them create and refine their writing. Now, Assist can also help readers of knowledge consume it in a way that fits their unique needs. 

Readers can use Assist to:

• Generate a summary of the card
  • Identify key takeaways/action items
  • Translate the card into a language their most comfortable with

By putting the power of AI in readers' hands, teams across your organization can more efficiently read, retain, and even take action on knowledge.

However, we know that this is a lot of power, so if you’d like to turn off access to Assist for readers of cards, you can do that by navigating to Settings > Assist > and then toggle off Assist for readers.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update on this release! I think this is an interesting application of AI that may work for some businesses, but unfortunately not ours – especially in a world where AI is growing fast and not all businesses are comfortable yet with incorporating it. I love that you included an option to turn the AI features off and hope that this will be an option for future AI updates so that my team can continue using Guru! 

Also, I wanted to point out that the navigation to find the settings isn’t quite as you described. In my instance, the navigation is Settings → Assist (under Guru Tools header). We don’t seem to have a “Team Settings” anywhere. It led to a little confusion this morning trying to find it. 😅

Thanks all!

Stephanie 

Thank you @Steph Schulz! We just updated the language there last week and I forgot to update this post accordingly. Appreciate you letting us know!

I hoped the translation for readers would re-open the card in the selected language and keeps the content intact. Now it deletes all guiding images and formatting and provides the translation in the rather small Assist box. 😓

Also, I received a few times half translated cards and another time an error on one of my cards because it exceeds the limit. The limit is a 1000 words?

While it's a positive step, it still requires a significant leap to truly become valuable for readers.

Hi @Jon Saft , I can see the translation are now keeping the format of the text which is a huge improvement compared to the plain text I saw in the first days. I still have a problem with images not loading but I created a support ticket for this.

I was wondering if you could open the translation as a “dummy card” because now the content is compressed in a smaller prompt screen. This would increase the reader experience of the translation feature tremendously!

Wanted to mentioned that though I had enabled the feature right away, I did not see it on my cards until I turned it off and on again in my admin menu for the web view cards. Is there a way to enable this on the chrome extension cards or the slack cards? Seems like it is only available on the web view.

Hi Jon! Do you have some kind of decision process on what languages you will enable for translations?

We have quite a big base of users in Philippines and it would be great if they had the option of translating the content to their native language.