Release Note

New Weekly Insights email: Personalized, actionable updates on can't-miss knowledge, expired Cards, and more

Related products: Guru Administration User Experience
New Weekly Insights email: Personalized, actionable updates on can't-miss knowledge, expired Cards, and more

Hi Guru Community! Starting next week, all Guru users will receive a weekly insights email on Mondays that includes a roundup of knowledge and updates they may have missed. 

This email will replace the verification digest email in hopes of providing more valuable, can’t-miss knowledge, while also surfacing expired or close to expired Cards that need action. The email will include three sections:

1. Your curated updates: A highlight of the week’s top priorities. This section can include:

1. Cards you’re a verifier of that are expired 

2. A Card that you’re a verifier that’s close to expiring (within the next 7 calendar days)

3. Updates to Cards you follow that you have not yet read

4. New Cards from authors you follow that you have not yet read

2. Cards just for you: Personalized recommendations that can include: 

1. Personal recommendations (“Recommended for you”) that you have not yet read

2. New featured (pinned) Cards from your team (featured within the past 2 weeks) that you have not yet read

3. This week’s most viewed Cards from your team that you have not yet read

3. Stay up-to-date: What you may have missed. This section can include: 

1. A summarized reminder of any outstanding unread announcements (company wide and team specific)

Users can unsubscribe from the weekly insights email (or all Guru emails) at any time. Please note that to keep your inbox tidy, users will only receive these emails on the weeks that they have items to catch up on (all caught up = no email). Learn more about the weekly insights email in our Help Center.

What if users have set up Slack notifications?

Great question @Lynn Miller ! This new email will not impact the Slack notification flow, so users who have opted in to Slack notifications for their verification digest will continue to see that in Slack. This email will be supplemental, and provide additional insight outside of what’s in the Slack verification digest, so they should serve two different purposes for users!

I’m unsubscribing from the new Insights email, but then it asks me about opting out on emails about things like comments, announcements, questions, etc., when I think I’ve already done that by enabling Slack notifications? A bit confusing.