Release Note

Updated Knowledge Trigger setup flow (+ a peek at what’s coming)

Related products: Browser Extension User Experience
Updated Knowledge Trigger setup flow (+ a peek at what’s coming)

Hi Guru Community! 

A small, but mighty, change has been released today to make setting up Knowledge Triggers easier than ever. We’ve revamped the setup flow within the Guru Chrome Extension to be more intuitive. We’ve also added the ability to set a Knowledge Trigger for a specific group of people - giving you more flexibility to ensure that the right employees are seeing the right knowledge. 

Important note: to see this update you’ll need to update your extension. You can do that by clicking on ‘manage extensions’ in your Chrome browser, turn on developer mode, and then click ‘update’.

We highly encourage you to edit your existing Knowledge Triggers to display to specific groups to increase their effectiveness.

Not familiar with Knowledge Triggers? Knowledge Triggers are a way to surface knowledge to groups based on specified content or fields on the webpage they are viewing. Deliver the right knowledge to the right people, in their flow of work.

And, there’s even more goodness to come. In the next couple of months, we are making even more enhancements to knowledge triggers, including the ability to setup, edit, manage, directly within the web app! Stay tuned for more.

Hi Omar,

Thanks for the update! Our team has only begun trying out Knowledge Triggers for a specific admin tool, but this is a nice update that may give us more flexibility in how we use it going forward, as we have multiple teams that use the same tool for different purposes. Being able to only surface relevant content to the right teams is definitely appealing!

As a point of clarification, do all members using Guru need to update in order to have this update work, or is it just the admins creating the knowledge triggers that will need to update? 

Thanks!

Stephanie 

Cool!

Running into issues though - I cannot remove groups from the list. I click the X and it just expands the dropdown list.

Hey @David MacVicar, just a quick note to share I’ve escalated your comment to our Technical Support team.