Skip to main content
Hey everyone! I think I've heard someone say here that they set-up slack bots to answer common questions with guru cards.

Anyone here has done this before, or has other best practices using Guru+Slack to share?

Thanks!
@eduardo.vieira here are a few Guru + Slack resources I recommend:

Slack for Guru Admins course

• Guru + Slack how-to articles in our Help Center

Slack's Guru Power Users Share Their Knowledge Management Best Practices 🙌 Slack for AdminsSearch results for: slackSlack
cc @kpearce @aberman @sbhagat any pro tips here to share, especially re: setting up a bot to automatically answer common questions via Guru Cards?
when someone asks a question that lives within guru, someone else will mark it with the . this sets off a slack workflow to remind the OP to check guru :slightlysmilingface:
Hey Chris and Zev! Appreciate your help 😄
Our BizTech team built a bot that you can type in a keyword or question and looks up info all across a bunch of different sources and if the answer is in Guru, will reply with a link to the applicable Guru card (it will also prompt you to file a ticket in our internal support system, if that's the right answer!) I don't know how they built it though.

It depends on the structure/purpose of the channel where the questions are being asked (is it used only for questions, are these questions being asked in a channel where discussion also takes place, etc.), what kinds of questions are being asked, if there is a person responding or if you're wanting the bot to search for keywords and auto-respond, etc. There are a few ways to approach a solution - if the solution you're after is to remind ppl to check Guru, the workflow Zev mentioned above is pretty lightweight!
Wow, ali! Any chance they'll share how they built that?
I'm checking with our team and will report back!