Question

Google Drive hosted video playback issue while using the mobile app

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to get videos to play in the Guru mobile app? 

Issue - In the Guru mobile app it was noticed that the videos that are embedded are not playing.  Below is a screen print from my phone (iphone).   

Current workflow - We store out videos on a shared google drive, and when putting them into a card, we have been getting the embedded HTML code and putting that into an iframe.  On a computer it is working nice, however a lot of our staff access Guru only from their mobile device.  

Current Workaround identified - Put the link to the video into the card as well. Users can click on the link and access the video, however it does not play through Guru so the user has to authenticate through another app.  

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Paula Schwartz! 👋 Thanks so much for reaching out and I’m sorry to see the trouble you’re having with Google Drive video playback using the mobile app. I’ve escalated this to Guru’s Technical Support team and they’ll be touch as soon as possible over email to troubleshoot with you further. The workaround to include a link to the file is a great one! I might also recommend having users access Guru (app.getguru.com) from their phone’s web browser, as well.