Here is a workaround for find + replace functionality in Guru!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hello! I know a lot of people have asked about find + replace functionality. One of my team members recently wrote in to Guru support about this, and they shared this workaround: https://app.getguru.com/card/TeE45Knc/Google-Sheet-for-Find-Replace. I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, so I wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else!

12 replies

Userlevel 2
WOW! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sure thing!
Thanks for sharing @bethanne! This is in our queue to add this in the Help Center soon by the way :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 1
👋 we just updated the sheet to support bulk replacements, so if you've got 5 or 500 terms you want to replace, you can enter all the pairs and do the replacements all at once!
You'll need to make a new copy of the base sheet to get these updates.
If you've got any feedback -- we're all ears! I happy to see the response here and I'm glad you find it helpful!
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Excellent, thanks!

Hi @Rob Miller and @BethAnne Freund! Thanks for this resource - seems helpful! I’m trying to use it but am running into an error (404) in the Status column when I attempt to Save Changes. 

Also, the original term that i’m trying to replace is not being captured on many cards. For example, the sheet is telling me that 1 card will be affected by this change even though I’m expecting multiple cards affected by this change. 

Can I get some guidance here? 

Userlevel 3

Hey @Niti Patel! Caroline from Guru Technical Support here :wave: I’m happy to troubleshoot this with you further! I’ll have a couple additional questions to ask you so I’ll reach out to you directly via email so we can get this resolved. 

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone! Just wanted to update here that this spreadsheet currently has a bug in it, that we are working to fix. So don’t use it just yet! I’ll update this post when the fix has gone out

@Yael McCue - Just checking in - has there been a fix? Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Hey everyone! Thank you @Niti Patel for raising, I wanted to follow up for Yael here and let you know that the above mentioned bug has been resolved! Feel free to continue using the Find and Replace tool as normal. If you run into any trouble don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@getguru.com. 👍🏻

Just wondering if there is an opportunity at some point to have a built in tool within Guru to have this find and replace functionality. I know my org would find it incredibly helpful for this to be a feature directly within Guru. 

Hello! I know a lot of people have asked about find + replace functionality. One of my team members recently wrote in to Guru support about this, and they shared this workaround: https://app.getguru.com/card/TeE45Knc/Google-Sheet-for-Find-Replaces I don't think I've seen this mentioned here, so I wanted to share it in case it helps anyone else!

Hey everyone! I stumbled upon this neat workaround for the find + replace functionality that many of us have been craving for. One of our teammates got this gem from Guru support: Google Sheet for Find + Replace. I don't recall seeing it mentioned in our discussions before, so thought it might come in handy for some of you. Give it a try and let's share our experiences! Always good to have more tools in the toolbox. 😄

Cheers,
Ahmad