How can you use Jira and Guru together?

• 27 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
does anyone have any suggestions on how to use Jira and Guru in conjunction with each other, so as to replace Confluence? I don't see any integration or connectors.

Mary Houston 3 years ago

Hi all 👋 we are in the process of working on a Workato integration, which could yield to a great workflow triggers/actions with Jira for certain tasks! Stay tuned to the Archive channel next week or so for more details
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
You could do this with the API. There's also this, but I've never used the integration so I can't speak to the quality: https://www.workato.com/integrations/guru+jiraGuru and Jira integration | Workato
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
thank you! I will look into these options
Copying in @mhouston as she may have some thoughts! @ian.link any specific use cases you're thinking about? Also FYI @kelly.parks @kfretz @katie.vermilyea in case you have thoughts on this!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
I am dying to figure this out. I am evaluating a 3rd party connector to likely facilitate it (+ many other things) called Tray.io. But I have my product and engineering teams interested in Guru for a lot of things....so if there are JIRA integration wins we can build it will make my internal pitch for Guru company wide significantly stronger.
Userlevel 3
If you're using Confluence for complex engineering documentation and a large team, it would be a challenge to map that experience to Guru. As we all know, Guru is very good at surfacing information in different places and provides an opinionated schema for knowledge management, but Confluence's wiki-style system is a lot more customizable. Plus, in Ian's case, Atlassian (for obvious reasons) has tightly integrated Confluence and Jira. Long story short, I'd also be very interested to see someone pull this off.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
for my use case, I would love to be able to link a Guru card on a Jira ticket for elaboration or expansion on information needed in that task or story
Really appreciate all of the context and ideas here @ian.link @dillon @kfretz! I'm looping in some other folks at Guru who may jump in here with some ideas and follow up questions, stay tuned.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi all 👋 we are in the process of working on a Workato integration, which could yield to a great workflow triggers/actions with Jira for certain tasks! Stay tuned to the Archive channel next week or so for more details