How do sales teams use Guru? đź’ˇ

• 19 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Need some ideas for how to best organize your Revenue Team / Sales Collections in Guru?

We've got you covered! In a recent Deep Dive, we split into breakout rooms to discuss how different teams use Guru.

Staying competitive with up-to-date knowledge

@Kristin Fretz , Director of Revenue Operations at Bread Financial, will share how she’s used Guru to support her revenue team.

“I'm a revenue operations person who is a systems fanatic. For the last three years, I built up an enterprise tech stack and made it sync with Salesforce. Guru is a big part of that. That's why I need a whole collection for this knowledge. I have 20 plus Saas tools and a sales person gets assigned at least eight of them on their first day. Keeping all of that knowledge straight is a lot to process when you join. Guru is a great way to sort of take that pressure off of you don't need to learn everything right away, but it's here when you're ready.”

She’ll cover her approach to:

• Structuring the Sales Techstack information within the Revenue Team Collection
  • Using Guru and Slack to document (and adjust) workflows, systems, and processes as they grow
  • Leaning on knowledge alerts to deliver important information to teams 

Get a closer look at Kristin’s introductory sales tool Card:

Get a closer look at Kristin’s Competitor Battle Card structure:

How do your revenue teams use Guru? Get the conversation started below!

Share your feedback

If you have feedback on the Deep Dive experience and content, please share your feedback in this 5 min Deep Dive Survey. A winner is chosen every month to get a $25 Amazon Gift Card! 

1 reply

Great discussion in the Deep Dive breakout room today, and huge shoutout to Kristin for being our featured expert! Here are a few take-aways for me, below, but please add your questions, tips, and examples (screenshots encouraged) below as well!

• Build Consistency: Using Card templates with consistent title and body formatting really helps create a consistent, uniform structure for Sales knowledge, like Competitor Battle Cards; similarly, create a tagging system that is well organized and logical, to enable easier searching.
  • Answer questions with Guru Cards: Lots of repeat sales questions inevitably flow into Slack, MS Teams, or whatever collaboration tool you may use. Don’t get stuck in the habit of typing out answers repetitively, sucking valuable time from your subject matter experts. Instead, build the habit of a.) documenting new questions in Guru (e.g., through a Sales Collection or board), and b.) answering questions with a Card. 
  • Utilize Guru integrations for your team: As Kristin explained in her post, onboarding new sales team members and keeping all of that knowledge straight is a lot to process when you join. Utilizing Guru integrations for Slack and Salesforce for example, are ways to streamline the onboarding workflow and to centralize the knowledge in one place.  
  • Create a knowledge alert for new work processes: Several folks on the call mentioned that when there are changes with their sales department, they share out a recap of key updates (Card links) and send them out on a regular cadence via Knowledge Alerts. You can also consider setting up Slack Activity Feeds to automatically share out sales info. When Cards are added to specific Collections and/or Boards.

Check out lots of other helpful tips and resources on sales here. Let’s keep the discussion going -- add your questions, tips and ideas below!