How support teams use Guru đź’ˇ

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Need some ideas for how to best organize your Customer Support Collection in Guru?

We've got you covered! In our recent Deep Dive, we split into breakout rooms to discuss how different teams use Guru.

Gain inspiration from Guru’s own technical support Guru @Caroline Krueger , dig into the resources, and drop your questions and examples below. 

In our breakout room discussion on Guru for Support Teams, Caroline covered her role at Guru and how she manages:

• Product information in Guru
  • Documenting FAQs (and one-off Qs)
  • Support team processes

Get a closer look at her collection structure: 

Grab similar Card Templates: 

Get more inspiration:

How does your support team use Guru? Keep the conversation going below! 

Share your feedback

If you have feedback on the Deep Dive experience and content, please share your feedback in this 5 min Deep Dive Survey. A winner is chosen every month to get a $25 Amazon Gift Card! 

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Happy Friday everyone! I just wanted to share a quick recap of the amazing conversation I had with some fellow support folks during our Deep Dive yesterday! 🤿

The two major Guru use cases we talked about for Support Teams were 1) documenting product knowledge and 2) documenting support policies.

Documenting Product Knowledge

As shown above we talked about how Guru structures our “Product Q&A Collection” to maximize efficiency for those who know what their looking for and those who don’t know what their looking for. Tags + Filters come in especially handy for this!

We also talked about how to ensure that the knowledge that is documented is accurate. We got some amazing questions about who should be a verifier, and how to handle situations where a Card may be erroneously created. Here at Guru we rely heavily on our Product FAQ Template (screenshot above) to empower all team members to create knowledge, while knowing that the knowledge is still verified and “owned” by the Support Team.

Documenting Support Policies + Procedures

- We also chatted about the benefit of documenting specific support policies for new hires and for other teams who may interact with the Support Team. For example, a Card with our hours of operation can be hugely helpful for an individual on Sales who wants to share that information with a customer.

- A great piece of advice was shared to have a Knowledge Playbook (Card) that documents how we document these types of policies. Additionally it would highlight who on the team has which role (Read Only, Author, or Admin) to make understanding the makeup of your Guru account even easier.

We capped it off by sharing our favorite Guru features! It was difficult for me but ultimately chose Knowledge Triggers, Knowledge Alerts, and our Slack integration. 🚀

I’d love to hear from other takeaways from some folks who attended like @Mariah Carraway@Marbeya Garcia Bermudez! Also, for folks who didn’t get a chance, how do you use Guru to help your support team?

Thanks @Caroline Krueger  for the awesome presentation & discussion!

One of the biggest takeaways for me was hearing from others how they set up content in Guru for their support teams and the emphasis on encouraging documentation to share new knowledge with others while staying lean. It was also validating to hear mostly everyone’s process of developing content remains fluid and adaptable.