Make tags collection based instead of workspace based

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools Navigation and Search

Is it possible for tags to be collection based instead of account based?
We typically suggest using Tag Categories (Settings > Tag Management) to organize tags by team, department, etc. which can also correspond to your Collections. From a user standpoint, you can filter your search by Collection (using `!`) and tag(s) (using `#`). Lots of great insights and ideas were shared on tag management in a recent Guru Deep Dive by the way in case anyone missed it.

Does this help? Would love to hear more about your situation if there are ways tagging could be improved for your teams, so I can relay that feedback to our product team!
Thank you for this! 😁

Hi @Chris Anderson. Resurfacing this question. We have been grouping tags into Categories as advised, but run into issues of super Collection-specific tags being used for other Collections (despite glossaries, education, etc.). Is this enhancement/request on the product roadmap by any chance? 

Hi @Abbey Florence - I checked and this is not currently on the product roadmap. I’m not currently seeing a product feedback post for this, so I’ll go ahead and convert this from a “Q&A” to an “Idea” post so others can upvote and share input.