Solved

What is your team's best practices for Knowledge Alerts?

• 9 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
What kind of best practices/guidelines are folks using to make sure people making good use - but not over use - of Knowledge Alerts, especially if you've got the whole company in Guru?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 March 2021, 19:54

View original

8 replies

Great question, very curious to hear what folks here do for this! @siobhan has over use become a problem, or are you preparing ahead to it doesn't become a problem?
I'm going to check with our internal communications team to see if we've normed on guidance and best practices at Guru, will circle back to share anything I learn.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sort of both. We did have a lot of KA's going out for Product Updates as they happen frequently since we have 4 different tools in our platform (plus we do our own billing). People thought was a lot of noise, so I'm trying to think of a way to strike a balance.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm hoping that Zapier will allow a digest style card to be easily created and then THAT could be the KA for the week.
Userlevel 3
Badge
But I'm foreseeing when we have People Ops in as well, there will Product Updates, Policy Updates, Process Updates… and which should get a KA? One thing I've done so far is set up a Zap that shares two filters from Card Manager for cards new/updated in last 7 days in our Support Collection into our Support channel every Tuesday. It's not a digest per se, but it's an easy way to remind people to check out new & updated cards.
Got it, thanks for the additional info! Have you considered starting a newsletter like this (shout out to @zev!) that summarizes key updates and is sent with a KA on a recurring basis (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)? We have two similar newsletters like this - one with general company updates (authored by People Ops.) and one on go-to-market and product updates, which has worked really well for us.Template for Revenue Team Newsletter
Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm hoping we can get something like that in the future. For now we're looking for something more automated to reduce notifications. I really liked the Product Enablement blog post recently but we iterate a bit too fast for that at the moment :slightlysmilingface:
@siobhan I heard back from my team on some guidance we're in the process of documenting for our own use of Knowledge Alerts at Guru (hope this helps):
• Knowledge alerts should be associated with an action. `Send an alert if there's something you need the team to be able to do`
• Send knowledge alerts with a consistent format (template) /cadence basis (i.e. on Tuesdays at 1pm)
• Send knowledge alerts as meeting pre-reads, reading it is your ticket 🎫 to the meeting
• No more than 2 company-wide KAs per week
Userlevel 3
Badge
this is helpful, thanks! i'll take it back to the team.