How can I leverage Guru's API to help streamline our new hire onboarding experience?

• 30 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hey all! My IT team is considering joining my rollout of Guru to streamline our new hire onboarding experience. We have Okta, JIRA, Confluence and random Slide decks, so my idea is to use Guru, JIRA, Okta and possibly a synced Confluence collection (until I can convince them to move off Confluence entirely so the full company uses Guru). They love Slack's use case that mentions Guru so if any customers or current Guru employees have best practices or can chat live with us, we'd love to know the extent of Guru's API. Thanks! 😊

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @kfretz! I am Guru's Developer Network manager - where I help customers evaluate different ways to use our API web service to extend Guru in all sorts of ways. Happy to chat about best practices and offer any guidance based on your desired outcomes. Here are some high level use cases we have seen customers use our API for. Feel free to DM me with any questions.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Thanks so much Mary that sounds great! I will be in touch
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@mhouston this link you sent isn't loading for me today. anyway you could send me the PDF that was on this card? https://app.getguru.com/card/codjKqAi/Guru-API-Taking-Where-You-Work-to-the-Next-Level
Userlevel 4
Badge
So weird, same thing happens for me. Sorry about that! Will ask our engineering team about that. Attached is the PDF. Feel free to ask me any questions!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@kfretz I work at Slack and helped develop the onboarding program for CE that uses Donut & Guru (that was used to inform the global program), so am happy to chat about how we use both if you want any insights!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@aberman I would so appreciate a quick chat, Ali! Thanks for offering. I will follow up with you.