Is anyone publishing Guru Cards to an external website via the API?

• 29 January 2020
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi Everyone! Wondering if someone is currently publishing Guru cards to an external website via API and what does that process look like. I'd love to learn more about how that's been done.

Anonymous 2 years ago

@Mike Salisbury @Mirna Lessinger just wanted to flag another related discussion with additional resources: 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Hi @mirna.lessinger! I'm asking around about this. Not sure if anyone's completed this, but I'm pretty sure it's in the works with some folks. I'll loop back when I learn more.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Thank you, @chrisanderson
@mirna.lessinger we currently have two customers starting to build out their external help centers with our API, who haven't yet joined the community (working on it!). One plans to publish a specific Guru collection onto their custom built Help Center while the other plans to publish Guru cards into their existing Wordpress Help Center. Below is a link to our technical documentation around this use case. If you have any questions on feasibility or want help in creating an implementation plan, feel free to reach out to @mhouston!
https://developer.getguru.com/docs/syncing-cards
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Perfect, thank you @chrisanderson!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
are you able to share who those customers are @chrisanderson?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
specifically the one who wants to publish a specific Guru collection to their custom HC.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mirna.lessinger! Unfortunately we cannot disclose the specific customer, however, if you want to look at an example of a custom HC powered by Guru Cards - you can reference our own help center! This is how we publish our HC collection as our external KB - https://help.getguru.com/
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Thanks, @mhouston
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@mhouston following up on this question as I have a sort of time-sensitive research inquiry. Do you know of any customer who's currently publishing Guru cards/content to Salesforce Lighting community?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @mirna.lessinger, I unfortunately do not know of any Guru customers publishing knowledge into Salesforce Lighting. When a customer wanted to use Guru while working in Salesforce lighting, they tend to use the Chrome Extension (for example, you can build out Knowledge Triggers to push relevant content to a user without having them search for it based on objects on the page)
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@mhouston I'm talking about publishing to the salesforce community portal, or help center
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
right now we use Salesforce Knowledge as a knowledge base for KCS articles, and those are published to our help center, which is salesforce community portal.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I'm researching the feasability of publishing Guru cards to that Salesforce community portal, so we'd stop using Salesforce Knowledge as a knowledge base and use Guru as a single source of knowledge.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Sorry for misunderstanding @mirna.lessinger - I am unaware of any clients doing this today with Salesforce Knowledge. It looks like there is a Salesforce Knowledge REST API that you could see if it is possible to publish the export of Guru cards, but I am not 100% sure if Salesforce's API allows you to create Knowledge articles or it only allows you to edit existing knowledge articles (trying to read the documentation now). It will take some effort/investigating work from your engineers to identify how to structure the Guru list of cards into Salesforce Knowledge structure.Developing with Salesforce Knowledge | Salesforce Knowledge Developer Guide | Salesforce Developers
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Thanks @mhouston. I was hoping we could publish outside of the Sf kb article structure (e.g., like an external webpage) rather than making the Guru card "fit" into an existent kb article structure. Hmm. We'll think about it.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Sorry for not being able to give a great example of the salesforce community workflow. Our Publishing API offers a pretty simply output of all card content (with tags, URLs, etc.), it is just a matter of figuring out how to push that Guru data export into the structure of whatever third-party you are using. If you or the engineers have any questions about our Publishing workflow documentation, please let me know!

@Mirna Lessinger I’m a similar customer @Mary Houston .  I’ve already paid for Guru and we started with Guru first.  So we want the knowledge to get put into Guru, yes so we can share on the Google Chrome extension, but I want that knowledge to flow into Salesforce Knowledge. Can’t believe other customers aren’t pushing know FROM Guru instead of only sending TO Guru.  Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

@Mike Salisbury @Mirna Lessinger just wanted to flag another related discussion with additional resources: