Is there a way to use the API to track the Zendesk Copy Link?

Userlevel 3
Badge
hi there! is there a way via API to tell how many times the "Z" button has been clicked (this is on cards from synced Zendesk collections.) ?

Mary Houston 3 years ago

@siobhan unfortunately via our API Analytics we cannot track that Zendesk Copy Link. I will also pass that along to the Product team.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @siobhan 👋 is this for Ticket Linking or for a synced Zendesk collection?
Userlevel 3
Badge
hi mary! the synced zd collectionimage_1058.png
Userlevel 3
Badge
i'm more interested in how many time that button was used rather than how often a card was searched for - they could search for it but not use it in the ticket.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@siobhan, I haven't seen anything, but it's been on my mind as well and would be great to know!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I also wouldn't mind getting those long urls in the card export in addition to the Guru long url @chrisanderson 😉
Passing that request along to Product, thanks @katie.vermilyea!
Userlevel 4
Badge
@siobhan unfortunately via our API Analytics we cannot track that Zendesk Copy Link. I will also pass that along to the Product team.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Random thought, but could you track ZD article views over time to see if there are any trends - like if ppl are putting links in more often, you might not be able to tell if it's specifically FROM Guru, but maybe the links are getting used more in tickets?
Userlevel 3
Badge
If there was a way to add a UTM to the link that's copied from Guru, that would be awesome. The built-in Knowledge Capture App did this so we could add GTM to those links BUT KC App is a right mess. 😉
Userlevel 3
Badge
It's not the biggest deal, just something were thinking about. (I'm not part of the Public KB team - but we use Guru to link Public KB articles which is why I'm pondering this!)