What are your Guru New Year's resolutions?

Userlevel 2
Badge
Happy New Year, everyone! Anyone have any Guru related resolutions they want to share that we can help provide tips and tricks for?

19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
We sent out a Guru survey looking for user feedback. We're also looking to improve Knowledge Triggers and tags (on cards)!
Awesome @zev! Have you seen previous Guru Deep Dives on Knowledge Triggers and Tags already? Anything that would be helpful on any of those projects?
A couple of things on my list for this year:
1. Keep exploring more ways to facilitate sharing of examples of how Guru is used. More "Guru on Guru" examples from our team, and making it easier and more seamless for community members to share.
2. We're going through some change management related to making our business more "Product Led," which has resulted in several team and process changes. I'm aiming to capture all of the changes effectively in Guru, and use Knowledge Triggers + enablement sessions at our Company Kickoff in Feb.
Tagging in a few folks here...@donovan @shona @coachtaylor.paschal @jacob.touchette @caroline.svenson @amy.spagnolo @jperalta @miche.barnett any Guru related new year's resolutions/goals you're thinking about?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Definitely thinking about overhauling our tags this year! Also looking to get Guru integrated with all the other platforms we use. Suuuper ambitious goal is to get Guru usage up org-wide!
Userlevel 2
Hey there! We are wanting to building out more concrete manuals for the team using Guru. Similarly to a Google site with workflow charts, covering various levels of the department. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to do this, I'd love to chat! I am also working to get Guru used throughout all Operations at Drizly, not just within CX.
Love these @caroline.svenson and @miche.barnett! <@U01CCM24X9B> for the manuals, are you thinking process manuals, or best practice guidance on how to use specific tools (including Guru), something else, or all of the above? Would love to hear more about some of the use cases you're thinking about, and we can hopefully source some examples and folks to collaborate with you!
Userlevel 2
Hi Chris! Thank you! Think more so like CX Manual holding info on how to request time off, benefits info, etc. The stuff outside of the work process, as we have the bit covered in Guru already.
Ah got it, thanks for clarifying @miche.barnett! Sounds like that content would definitely be helpful for other teams outside CX as well. I'll circle back with a few examples later today that might be helpful to see.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Biggest goal over here is to keep building engagement for non-Product dept SMEs to create cards proactively (not as instructed by me or our other Guru admin) without putting them on random boards or without tags or needing re-verification in a month (whaaaat lol). So, relatedly. making sure these folks are set up for success to verify those cards in future so this can continue to scale… without micro-managing from yours truly.
Userlevel 2
Badge
One of my goals is to use the API to update certain cards whose content originates in Airtable. I want to be able to push new changes, like Title, or the body, from Airtable to Guru.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Sounds pretty cool @donovan! We're trying to find a way to create Guru cards off certain SFDC data so that's definitely on my list too!
Userlevel 2
Badge
based on my primitive testing, as long as you know the card ID, you can PUT an update for whatever field you want updated. so, theoretically i don't see why this won't work but, as always, it's the workflow to make it happen that is most challenging for me.
@miche.barnett circling back, take a look here when you have a chance (Company Wide and People Ops / HR sections sounds like they're most relevant), and also the Board and Board Group Examples here. If there are any other specific examples, or questions you have, let us know!
Userlevel 2
Amazing! Thank you so much!!
@shona nice! Sounds like a combo. of change management + training/enablement. Anything we can be helpful with for that effort?
Userlevel 2
Badge
also, i too am determined to move more of our onboarding workflow into guru in the new year. it's been fantastic having guru as our source so every time we move yet another document out of Box or G Suite (or whatever they are calling it this month) it makes me happy.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
A day late on this but got a lot on our plate for Guru this year. From re-organizing our collection and board IA, to revamping tags, to tackling some verification issues - this is gonna be a big year.
Userlevel 2
Badge
@jacob.touchette Tagging is on our list this year, too!