Custom text color and font in the Card editor

Related products: Card Creation

• Problem: Text colors provided within a card are limited and don’t allow for color customization outside of HTML color code in a banner.

• Who: Guru customers looking for customization features

• Existing Workaround: Try to limit color utilization and/or only add color to a card when it can be the branded color in a banner

• Proposed Solution: Provide option for text color and/or home page to be customized for guru customers

• Impact: Potential to increase utilization of stylistic features like color. Higher impact for customers looking to customize and/or apply their company’s brand internally.

Yes!! +1 for custom text colors and also Collection colors would be awesome. Could really help Guru be a white-labeled knowledge hub. Plus our company’s product is white-labeled so it would help emphasize that value prop for our employees

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Maybe there is a way to do this that I have not found, but I would like to be able to change the default fonts for H1, H2… etc.

Yes please!

@Sandy Tran new to Guru here!  Just starting to dig into the community and was wondering where the the amazing Guru Dev team has landed on enhancing overall text styling?  Branding ability is huge for our company and would be AMAZING to say it is coming.  We are in the midst of our POC and I don’t see any reason why we won’t fully bring it to our company but I love being able to take back more and more to the powers that be!  

Actually surprised to find that this feature is not yet included!!! Wow. Hope it’s coming soon.

Any updates on when you can have custom colors on text? 🙏🏻

Hi everyone 👋
Thanks for letting us know how important this is to you by voting. We understand that having more flexibility in formatting would be helpful. While we don't have any plans to prioritize the custom text color in the Card right now, I wanted to offer other areas of the product where you can express your team’s brand, such as Collection colors and emoji badges and Customizing your team theme.

• Problem: Text colors provided within a card are limited and don’t allow for color customization outside of HTML color code in a banner.

• Who: Guru customers looking for customization features

• Existing Workaround: Try to limit color utilization and/or only add color to a card when it can be the branded color in a banner

• Proposed Solution: Provide option for text color and/or home page to be customized for guru customers

• Impact: Potential to increase utilization of stylistic features like color. Higher impact for customers looking to customize and/or apply their company’s brand internally.

If you’re not going to give us custom colors for text, can you give us more? Yellow is an especially bad color on a white background. I’ll never use it. That brings my astonishingly low number of colors from which to choose even lower.

Please, give us more text colors! Heck, even this editor allows us to chose more colors than the not-a-guru Guru editor can.

Thanks! You folks are making great tools!!

I’d like to strongly advocate for the ability to set a custom CSS style sheet for our Guru instance. The lack of customization is a bit frustrating.

For example, some of our authors simply do not use the medium heading setting because it looks too similar to the large heading. As a workaround, we’ve updated our style guide to include making the large heading bold, but doing this manually for every card instead of updating a master style sheet is really untenable for large knowledge bases.