Implement shared drafts

Related products: Card Creation

As my team grows, I find peer review becoming increasingly important. When it comes to drafting Guru content we often want to get our team’s eyes on our work for both net new content and updates to pre-existing cards. What we’re struggling with currently is that if I make a draft of a card, only I can see that draft which is therefore unable to be reviewed by a peer.

We find ourselves often first generating drafts in Google Docs or Confluence to review and make adjustments and then in turn editing the relevant Guru content or making new cards. 

If shared drafts were created (i.e. everyone in the same Guru group could access drafts) or if drafts existed at the card-level (i.e. if I edit a card and then save the draft and my colleague edits the card, the draft I made appears) it’d allow for more meaningful collaboration to take place directly in Guru instead.

With the introduction of Templates a while back, adding this feature would further refine operational efficiency when it comes to generating Guru content. 

Keep up the great work, team! 💚 

Agreed! A collaborative drafting/editing feature would be great to have. We also tend to start drafts in Google docs and migrate the content into Guru, which creates extra overhead when the overall goal is to have the content live in Guru in the first place. It would be great to have this feature for new/unpublished cards, and also existing/published cards.

I wish I could upvote this 100 more times! Def a need for our team!

Would love to see this bumped up the list, right now we had to create a private collection to publish cards that still need collaboration to allow others to view/edit/contribute !

We implemented a similar system @Diane S! Great minds think alike 🧠 

We also use a separate Collection to stage Cards and collaborate before publishing them for the intended audience. Please prioritize this feature request Guru! 😄

Good news everyone!

Now that the new editor release is well under way, we’ve begun looking at our next priority in the authoring space--collaborative editing. The first thing we’re looking under that umbrella is what you’ve asked for here, the ability to share drafts between authors so it’s easier to create and update content, as such I’ll move this to accepted. I don’t have a timeline or many details to share yet but once I do, I’ll be back with an update. If you’re interested in talking with us as part of our research please comment here and @Kate Staaf will be in touch. Thanks for helping us understand what would make your work with Guru easier!

OpenAccepted

Good news everyone!

Now that the new editor release is well under way, we’ve begun looking at our next priority in the authoring space--collaborative editing. The first thing we’re looking under that umbrella is what you’ve asked for here, the ability to share drafts between authors so it’s easier to create and update content, as such I’ll move this to accepted. I don’t have a timeline or many details to share yet but once I do, I’ll be back with an update. If you’re interested in talking with us as part of our research please comment here and @Kate Staaf will be in touch. Thanks for helping us understand what would make your work with Guru easier!

Kate Staaf!!!!!! 

Great news, @Laura Desmond-Black! And thanks for the update 😊

Happy to answer any questions you and @Kate Staaf may have

This is a small update to let you know that we’ll be working on this in conjunction with collaborative editing--not only will you be able to share drafts of Cards with other team members but you’ll be able to work on them together in real time! We have the first set of work laid out and will be starting on it very soon, as such I’ll move this post to “Scheduled”! 

AcceptedScheduled

Hello!

As some of you may have seen, last week we began releasing the new collaborative editing and shared drafts experience which lets authors share drafts and then work on them at the same time 🎉 😄. We expect to finish releasing the new experience this week. Thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know how important this was to you! 

ScheduledComplete