Software localization: translate Guru to other languages

Related products: User Experience

For our users, it would be convenient to have Guru translated into spanish. Thank you.

Hi @Julio Fridman 👋 Thanks for sharing this feedback! Is localization you’re seeking (i.e. to have the Guru web app and web browser extension translated into Spanish)? Or, is it more about giving read only users and/or authors the ability to quickly translate Card content to Spanish? Maybe it’s all of the above? 🙂 I’d love to hear more about your team’s use case because it’ll help us ensure we’re categorizing this correctly.

Hi, Marie! What we need is for the entire UI of the Web App and browser extension to be in Spanish. In our particular case, the ability to translate specific card content is not necessary. We write our content directly in Spanish and our users need it in that language. Thank you.

I would like to second this feature request - We have employees based in multiple countries and whilst English is the predominant language it would improve their user experience if they could navigate the UI in their native languages.

Great request! We have an issue because this feature is not available: 

Ideally, we wouldn’t have to create the same card in multiple languages. Because there is no translation option, we have to duplicate our English cards in French. However, Guru isn’t quite coded right, and any card created in a different language is still flagged as English. This means that it is not WCAG 2.1 compliant. This is preventing us from moving forward with releasing public cards to our bilingual clients.

Big +1

Our company has factories in Ukraine, Poland and China. They are not familiar with the UI and will not be able to navigate in Guru if we implement in there.

This would be very important for us!

No UI localization is a deal-breaker for us to roll out Guru org-wide. The browser translate workaround is not good enough.

We need the UI in german due to users that aren’t familiar to english.