Upload a file when text is highlighted while editing

Related products: Card Creation

Currently when I insert a File Upload on an empty line, the pop-up box appears allowing me to upload my file. However, if I highlight a line of text (example: "Click here to download") and change it to a file upload, the pop-up prompt does not appear and I need to click on the line to manually trigger the pop-up. This behavior is seen in Google Chrome on the Windows 10 OS.
Ideally, both methods cause the upload pop-up to appear to save a click. Extra clicks are just annoying.

Hi @John McKoll - he/him!

I'm Jackie, an Engineer on the new editor project here at Guru. I’m happy to share that we’ve reduced the clicks it takes to upload a file or an image in the new version of the editor that we’re in the midst of releasing. As such I’ll mark this as ‘scheduled.’ When triggering a file or image upload, it will directly open your file system dialogue rather than taking you through the second click in a popover. We hope this streamlined approach feels smooth for you and saves some clicks! Thanks for sharing your feedback, we’ll be back with an update once the release is complete!

OpenScheduled

Following up to share Guru’s new Card editor, including the file upload improvement Jackie described above, has shipped to all Guru teams and users.

ScheduledComplete