Release Note

Announcements Analytics for Internal Communicators

Related products: Analytics Knowledge Management Tools Guru Administration
Announcements Analytics for Internal Communicators

Hi Guru Community,

We have another exciting update to the announcements feature today, with a special focus on Internal Communicators. 

We’ve added a new Announcements tab to the Analytics section to give you a more granular look at the performance of announcements across your Guru instance. Admins and Collection Owners can easily see which announcements users and groups are opening and reading announcements so you know who’s engaged (and who’s not).

We’d love to hear how you’ve been using the announcements feature! Drop a comment below and let us know about your experiences.

This is an AMAZING update - really love this additional reporting! So helpful! 

Just noting here that I don’t know if this was hooked up to scheduled delivery reporting. Trying to test and send now and those aren’t going through. 

Thanks for the feedback, @Devin Luby 🤩 I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying this new Analytics tab! Though, I’m sorry to see you ran into an issue with your test. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention! Our Engineering team has just confirmed this is fixed. Can you please try clicking the “Test now” button again? If anything else comes up, please don’t hesitate to share.

Thanks for the feedback, @Devin Luby 🤩 I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying this new Analytics tab! Though, I’m sorry to see you ran into an issue with your test. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention! Our Engineering team has just confirmed this is fixed. Can you please try clicking the “Test now” button again? If anything else comes up, please don’t hesitate to share.

Can confirm this is fixed and all of the 10 tests I had tried also arrived! lol!

One piece of additional feedback here, looks like we have to assign someone as a content owner in order to view announcement analytics for that group, and that makes sense, but is there a reason we didn’t make admin available to view analytics for things they aren’t content owners of? 

Makes admin and reporting a little difficult - feeling is we should have a role where you can report on everything. 

Very excited for this update! We are looking to hold specific groups accountable to reading and opening announcements and this will allow us to do that 😀

This is a game changer for our announcement readership metrics that we do the metrics on a weekly basis! We’re sending announcements with product releases that affect our Customer Care operations to approx 1600 users in our Customer Care team and this will make the job so much easier, cannot wait to try it out next week for the previous week metrics.

Love the new announcement analytics feature. I'm curious though. How are you guys calculating the monthly total percentage of read announcements?

One piece of additional feedback here, looks like we have to assign someone as a content owner in order to view announcement analytics for that group, and that makes sense, but is there a reason we didn’t make admin available to view analytics for things they aren’t content owners of? 

Makes admin and reporting a little difficult - feeling is we should have a role where you can report on everything. 

Do you all have any documentation on visibility of reporting? There seems to be some wonkiness on who has access to view. We have Support Managers that would love to see this on a weekly basis and right now we have to set up scheduled reporting, which isn’t great for in the moment coaching/feedback. They’re reporting that they don’t have the same views as others and would love to sort this out and solve for them. 

@Devin Luby I’ve circled up with our team and can help by shedding some light on the topic of analytics access. 🔍 

Users will see announcements analytics data for the Collections they have Collection Owner access to. We chose to be a bit more conservative on the permissions with this dashboard because some teams use the data to evaluate team member performance and we didn’t want to potentially expose that sensitive data.

Our Using Guru Analytics Help Center article has an “Important” note at the top breaking down which user roles can see which Analytics dashboards. For the most part, you’re looking to confirm the user generating reports is a Collection Owner.

With the discrepancy the Support Managers are reporting, I recommend a quick spot check of teammate permissions in Guru. Navigate to Team Settings and note the Groups the user is a member of using the All Members list. Then, navigate to the Collections tab and verify the Role their Group(s) hold within each Collection. If after this discovery there’s a more specific example of two users with the same permissions seeing different dashboards, please contact our Support team (support@getguru.com) with the details and they’ll help look into this further. 🤓

With all of this said, the team recognizes it can be confusing for each Analytics tab to require a unique set of permissions to access it or the data within it. I encourage you to share the feedback of your team’s ideal Analytics access settings as a Product Feedback post. This will enable other Community members to comment on the idea and support it with an upvote. 👍 

Hello - where can I find the definitions for each column? Meaning, what does the unique column mean? Is the total column a reflection of the amount of users in that group x # of announcements sent?   I assume I know some of these answers but would prefer a glossary or key to ensure others can interpret the data as intended.  Thanks!

Hey @Erica G! 👋 Take a look at our Help Center article, Evaluating the Announcement Analytics Dashboard, for the definitions of each column header.

This is great - but would be even more useful if you could click on a User and view specific data:

• Which groups the person belongs to (or is missing from)
  • Which specific announcements/cards the person has read vs. not read

Right now I can see which users in my group are not opening/reading, but is there a specific topic/collection they’re skipping over?  It would be great to access this data right from the Analytics tab. 

Thanks!