Can you share any wins or challenges your team has had with Ticket Linking?

• 22 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Is anyone here using the Ticket Linking feature (for Zendesk), and can you share any wins or challenges you've had? We just completed a test run with a small group of our Japanese language agents, and I'm gathering data and feedback to see if we want to roll this out team-wide. Would love to hear others' experiences (both as an admin or manager, or an agent!) so I know what to look out for and any cool things you've done with the data!

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm curious how you're using it. I found it works a bit opposite of how I expected. I thought I could link many tickets to a single card so that I could see how that card was helping. However, it looks like only one ticket can be linked to a card or else it's not possible to see a list of all linked tickets.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Our plan was to use it both for quality review by managers (to see if agents are using documentation and if that documentation was even accurate) and for agents who find older ZD tickets, to check the accuracy of the response by double-checking the card since things change fast.
I was also planning on using it as you mentioned, to see how often certain cards are linked/used as another data point for card usefulness. You can grab this data via the API (https://developer.getguru.com/docs/link-zendesksalesforce-tickets-to-guru-cards) and since we are migrating to Looker, I was going to request that our Data Engineers add this to our Looker Guru dashboard at some point.
You can see a limited list using a JSON to CSV converter, but Chrome will cut off what it returns so if you have a lot of tickets linked it doesn't show you the whole list.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Ah interesting. thanks!