Do you have any suggestions on how to easily "draw" on a screenshot?

Badge
Any suggestions on how to easily "draw" on a screenshot that you are adding to a Guru card? Like if I wanted to add an arrow or a box around a certain part of the image? What do other folks use to accomplish this?

17 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/
Userlevel 3
If you're on a Mac there are some simple built in options in Preview: https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/guide/preview/prvw1501/11.0/mac/11.0
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
In addition to the above options, I've used Jing as well, used to be a free resource.
I'm also playing with a newer, free tool that is a Chrome extension called Screenity that lets you take video in browser and annotate it. I'm still learning it but so far it seems great, and the developer has said she's intending it to stay free.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
and in Windows 10, Win+Shift+S does a snap then click on the notification to open Snip & Sketchimage_5821.png
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I do wish you could just paste images into the Guru editor though, instead of having to save to your computer and then upload it
Userlevel 3
Badge
I use Skitch - it's free, don't need to use Evernote. CMD + E exports as a png or jpg.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Yeah I used to paste all the time and sometimes it works and sometimes it disappears eventually. 😬
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
@James Andrewartha You can. Here's how:
Option A) Find image online. Right-click, 'Copy Image'. Head to Guru. CTRL+V on keyboard (CMD+V for Mac) OR right-click, Paste.
Guru will insert an image placeholder, think for a few moments, and then paste in your image with the label "unnamed image."
Option 😎 Insert an image placeholder in Guru. Select the Advanced Uploader (see images below). Choose 'Link' on the left side, find your image online, copy the URL and paste it into Guru's Link screen. Preview appears, and you're all set.image_5825.png
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
@siobhan wait...whaaat? lol I've never seen that. do the images disappear after you save the document into your collection? or before you save? I feel the need to go be extra careful now...
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I just came across a card where two images have gone missing
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
👀😬
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Ah, I didn't think to try pasting the image directly without using the image button
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
hrm....that makes me think that when pasting an image, Guru is creating a link to the image. so if something happens to the source image to break that link, then Guru just throws an error. Hrm....food for thought. Thanks to you and @siobhan for bringing it up, I had no idea. :slightlysmilingface:
Userlevel 3
Badge
sure thing!
Badge
thanks for all the suggestions!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Pasting images might be a browser thing? Normally I use Firefox but today I happened to paste in Edge (Chromium) and it worked
Userlevel 3
Badge
pasting does work but down the road random ones will disappear and become red squares with a question mark.