How does your team keep up with Card verification? 

• 22 February 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you or your team have ever struggled to keep up with verifying Cards, it might be time to revamp your verification process. This simple verification checklist helps you evaluate any Card with a knowledge manager’s lens. 🧐

When verifying a Guru card, always check these 5 things:

1. Is the verifier correct?

Should I be the sole verifier of this card, or would it be better to share the responsibility with a Group I'm in? Is someone else on my team now the expert on this topic? If it’s at all unclear, @ mention the user in a comment on the Card to discuss.

1. Is the verification interval correct?

Did anything change from the last time I verified this Card? If not, make the verification interval longer. Have a lot of things changed since the last time I verified this Card? If so, make the verification interval shorter.

1. Are teammates viewing this Card?

Click into the Details tab of the card to check the views. If very few team members are viewing this Card, consider sending a Knowledge Alert or archiving it.

1. Is all of the information in the Card accurate?

Are we using the most up-to-date language for all processes and products referenced within the Card? If the Card is synced or contains embedded files, remember to update the source. Check that the Card is on the right Board and has the right tags so that team members can find it easily.

1. Are there any Card Comments I need to resolve?

I receive a notification every time someone comments on a Card, but verification is also a good time to check for Comments that lapsed and need a response. I also resolve any comments that are no longer valid. 

Share this post with verifiers on your team and add your own tips below. Then, take a look at these Deep Dives for more on automating verification workflows (time saver!) and encouraging other verifiers to keep up with their queue. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!