Solved

Lost images in card

• 19 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Has anyone else experienced issues with lost images in cards?  We have a couple cards in our collection that the images no longer load, but it had been working a few months back.  Is there a way to recover these images?

icon

Best answer by Devon O'Dwyer 19 August 2021, 22:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Libby Hi Chris! It sounds like what you’re describing might be explained in this Help Center article on what happens when images have red errors. We have since updated our editor functionality so since May 2021, images are hosted by Guru, but unfortunately you may run into issues with images that were uploaded to Guru Cards prior to May 2021. Do you think this could explain what you’re seeing? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes i am having this issue as well and uploaded the images prior to May 2021. Is there anyway to recover the file?

I was able to determine the original image URL using this process:

• Edit the card in question
  • select the missing image, then click on Expand Image.
  • Click on “copy link” in the expanded image window.  That is the original URL where the image was located - if you cut & paste from another website.

I was able to recover the images from our old helpdesk solution system for one card.  I am not sure how this would work if you copied something from your clipboard into the Guru card orginally.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Kristin Fretz Hi Kristen! Were you able to try to the method that @Chris Libby suggested to retrieve the images? That method should work if the original URL was copied and pasted from another website, as he suggested.

However, if that method does not work, unfortunately the only workaround at this time is to re-upload the images from their original source as the error means that they were hosted by their original source and not Guru. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience here, and please let me know if you have any other questions.