Question

Metrics about card creation/updates/archived over time frames?

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way to see in the Analytics tab how many cards were 

• created
  • updated
  • archived

In the last [timeframe]? 

I sort of hacked it together in the Card Manager for the last 30 days but I can’t see a way to know how the last 30 days compares to 3 months ago, nor account for cards getting archived/deleted. 

Am I missing this somewhere? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Siobhan Hyser, great question!

The metrics available in Guru analytics include: 

• Total Adoption: The total number of users in Guru compared to the total number of MAUs over a specified timeline.
  • Trust Score over time
  • Searches producing results
  • Searches producing no results
  • Most viewed Cards
  • Team usage: All Guru active user events, including each time a user views, copies, searches, verifies, or edits a Card
  • Usage by user: Individual user adoption
  • User views: List of users in ranking order based on total number of Card views and Card copies

This means that besides working with the Card Manager  to get a quick count on cards created over the past month (as you’ve been doing), I believe the only other way to see the number of cards created, updated, and archived would be to leverage Guru’s API to sync Guru data with a data dashboard/visualization tool. I'm not sure if you or others on your team would have capacity for this, but you can learn more about using Guru's API for Analytics in our Developer docs, and post API specific Qs that come up in the API section of the community. 

Here are two examples of customers who used the Guru API to create their own internal dashboards:

CCing @Mary Houston to this thread, in case she has more resources to add!

Let us know if you have any other questions :)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks! I guess this is more of a feature request then. It would be great to have this kind of reporting without needing to rely on other teams to create API setups for me. 

I’ll read through what the two folks did you mentioned and see if someone has bandwidth to take this on. Having more granular metrics around card creation and card updates would be helpful for showing to managers that Guru work is happening and how it’s been over time, rather than just the last 30 days. 

The Team Usage isn’t really super helpful as “searching” is different than “editing”. I tried the download but it doesn’t seem to be broken down further, it just shows the total per month. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just put in a product request for this exact feature! It would be super useful :)