Pasting a Template from the Template Gallery

• 20 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
How do I paste the template to keep the formatting? When I copy/paste this template, it loses all the table formatting. https://www.getguru.com/add-to-guru/glossary-of-terms

Anonymous 3 years ago

I can jump in here. @siobhan apologies, this is a known issue we're looking into w/the Template Gallery. The good news is we've seen some promising early results from the Template Gallery, and I'm actively in conversations to invest in further improvements to the experience and building out more templates. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks!
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
When you mark/create the cards as a template for people to create off of, what happens then?
Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. On that page, I click "copy template to clipboard". Then i follow the step to "Create a card and paste". It only pastes text. It's not a table or formatted at all.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I've recreated it so it's fine now but I don't understand how it's supposed to work based on what's on the page.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Let me see if I can reproduce it and clarify a better answer.
I can jump in here. @siobhan apologies, this is a known issue we're looking into w/the Template Gallery. The good news is we've seen some promising early results from the Template Gallery, and I'm actively in conversations to invest in further improvements to the experience and building out more templates. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience as we work out the kinks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thanks Chris!
Userlevel 3
Badge
ah got it! thanks chris! i thought i was missing a step somewhere :slightlysmilingface:
@zev just to clarify, @siobhan is adding a card from the Template Gallery on our website, which currently is disconnected from the behavior in the Guru web app when you create a card and have the ability to select a template that someone on your team has created. My hope is that we can unify the experience in the future and make it more streamlined :crossed_fingers::skin-tone-2:Guru Card Template Gallery
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I see! I was reading and looking at this the other way. Thanks for clarifying! @chrisanderson
@siobhan nope! You're candidly experiencing some of the challenges of our "mvp" v1 version - again, thanks for understanding, apologies for the inconvenience!