12 Days of Guru ❄️ Day 10! Let's hear from your team!

• 14 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Good morning Guru Community! Welcome to Day 10 of 12 Days of Guru. :snowman:  Only two more days until we celebrate together at the Deep Dive on the 16th, I can’t wait!

Yesterday's Winner …

Thank you so much for participating and sharing your top Guru authors in 2021! @Katelyn Do @Anastasia Rybalko @Amanda Labby @Ian Link  @Elizabeth Fugikawa @Nina Frank 

You were all entered in our daily drawing. The winner from Day 9 is ….  @Nina Frank  !!!!! you will get to chose between a $25 gift card or Guru swag. Be on the look out for a message in your email inbox!

What is the 12 Days of Guru?

If you are hearing of 12 Days of Guru for the first time, starting December 1st until our Holiday Deep Dive on December 16th, we'll be dropping a series of tips in the Guru Community to help you recognize your 2021 impact with Guru.

• Participants will have the chance to win prizes daily by measuring the Guru metric of the day and sharing your findings in the thread. 

• By the end of the 12 Days, you’ll have all the information you’ll need to complete a Year in Review Card or PDF you can share with your team. 

• You’ll be able to submit your final Card for a grand prize. 

• At the Deep Dive, we'll meet to share our wins, mix and mingle, and celebrate before the holidays!

Follow along with these 12 Days of Guru resources and don’t forget to RSVP to the Deep Dive:

Day 10 Challenge!

You’re going to love this one! Today we’ll discovering quotes from your team about Guru. 

How do team members feel about Guru? Share below!

What do your coworkers say about Guru? Gathering quotes is such a feel good exercise because takes all the numbers around the impact you’ve created with Guru and makes it feel REAL.

Here are some simple, easy ways to go about this: 

1. DM your top power users / authors. Remember the folks you highlighted in the Day 8 and Day 9 challenges? Consider asking your  Power users with the most Guru interactions and Guru Authors how they feel about Guru to find a quote. 
  2. Post a survey in your team chat tool. This could be as simple as starting a Slack thread in a team channel. Often times Guru customers have channels for questions to source content for Guru Cards, or channels for their Knowledge Councils. Meet your team members where they are at and get a quick round of feedback! You could also leverage Slack bots like Polly that help you run polls and surveys in specific channels. 
  3. Pull from past posts/surveys/feedback. If you’ve done any of these in the past, now is a good time to revisit that data and pull quotes and highlights. 

Sample Questions: 

What do you like best about Guru? 

How did Guru support your work in 2021?

If you lost access to Guru next year, describe what your life would look like?

I started a thread in Slack. We’ll see what folks say! 

Looking for more ideas/curious how others tackle this? Check out this Community Post: 

Other Resources:

Sample Guru Survey (often used post roll-out)

6 replies

Userlevel 3

We rolled out Guru in September, and I actually sent a Guru feedback survey out to the full team about a month ago to get some thoughts. Got some great feedback to the open-ended portion of the survey:

Any additional feedback on Guru, the rollout, future opportunities, etc.

• Love it! Can't wait until we have groups.

• this may not be helpful but I think Guru is awesome and pretty much have no issue with it

• It answers all of my questions

• I want EVERYTHING to be in Guru now

• Guru has been an absolute game changer (I can't say that enough)

Userlevel 3

Some thoughts from our team: 

• “Guru is top of mind and people seem to consider it for all project updates.”
  • “Guru has proven to be simpler, cleaner, and quicker than Confluence”
  • “I always check first in Guru for any information that I need”
  • “Instead of panicking because [team member] was on vacation, I went to Guru and found an awesome card with easy instructions!”

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I think this sums up what @Amanda Labby and I are trying to accomplish with our revamp efforts in the coming weeks and months. We got an avg score of 8 and this hits the nail on the head,

It appears to be easy to follow and link cards. I want to use it more. Need more training and I feel I could be more effective and efficient with this.”

and

Easy to update and link other items.

Coming from an almost anti-document culture when Amanda and I rolled out Guru, I’m happy with this.

“Guru was essential during work from home mandates because it provided crucial information in such an easy to manage platform” 

“Guru is always the first place I go when I need to inform the team of new changes or need to learn about something new!”

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

From our team:

“Guru is my first go to”

“Guru has gotten more robust since I first started”
“Because of Guru - I am able to easily recall information needed to do my job!”

:heart_eyes:

Userlevel 3

I haven’t had a chance to launch that survey, but it’s a great idea and I definitely want to ask around and get some quotes. I do constantly hear praise for Guru, how easy it is to get information in one place, and how it’s hard to imagine that everything was undocumented before!