Customisable Guru Dashboard / Homepage

Related products: User Experience

It would be awesome if admins could customise the cards and panels on the Guru dashboard for different user groups! For example, the Sales user group might see a panel highlighting the most popular cards among Sales, or Engineering users could see a list of product cards.

Currently, the panels on the dashboard homepage are fixed: all users see the same activity feed, their recently viewed cards, and any pending tasks. Perhaps there is an opportunity here for us to customise the dashboard to feed more high value content directly to the people who need it most, rather than generic popular cards or generic new cards.

I 2nd this request!

Would love to highlight cards for specific teams, or even allow the user to set their own favorites to show on the dashboard. 

This is a great idea @Grace Taylor 

We’d like to be able to showcase/highlight must-read cards. We’d also like to show top users, trending cards etc. And also add some of our own HTML and content. We’re after a more engaging/new-style dashboard.

Could the dashboard be configurable in such as way as being able to start with a few templates and drag/drop blocks. A bit like a Squarespace website?

Absolutely!

Totally with @Marc Cooper  and the others here.

We’d like to use Guru as an intranet / knowledge base and I think it’s important to have a more beautiful and functional frontend so that even not so tech savvy team members like to open the knowledge base.

Bumping this! Are there any other Guru users that would be interested in seeing a customisable dashboard? 

@Taylor Paschal Your team might be interested in this too!

I agree. It would be ideal to be able to only have visibility into viewing our Collection only rather than seeing the dashboard breakdown across all the collections. This is currently causing some confusion as to what my team and I need to action. I think this would be a great idea to have a customisable dashboard.

In addition to this, we would love to define the CSS elements of Guru for our organization. Add a logo to the homepage, customize the color and fonts to match our brand guidelines, etc. 

Yes that would be a very useful feature for have!

I think this would be an incredibly useful feature for our team and would drive stronger engagement!  Some of our users ‘zone out’ because most of the updates/content added are for other teams - so when something for their team does get added - they are so checked out they’ve stopped paying attention.  The ability for each user to customize (to an extent) what they see on their dashboard would encourage engagement with the tool on a more regular basis. 

Bumping this again! Has anyone from Guru seen this request?

Hi Grace! 

Yes, we have seen this request (the Product team reads all feedback posts 😀). Thanks for posting about what you’d like to see changed, it’s great to see the detail everyone has added. Improving the dashboard is very high on our list but at this point we don’t have concrete plans to share. You can be sure once we’re ready to dive into user research that we’ll return to this post with questions and updates!

@Laura Desmond-Black Thanks for clarifying, Laura. Look forward to receiving an update!

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued feedback, it's been very helpful. I’m happy to share that we’re in the early planning stage of considering customization capabilities, and I’d like to invite you all to a private customer research group that @Jake Sauer and I will facilitate here in the Community.

The private group will run for about 4 weeks, where you’ll be asked to respond to a survey, share input on several specific questions and designs, and optionally join a 1:1 call to share more about your use cases. This is a great opportunity to have additional influence and work closely with us during the discovery and design phase. If you’re interested in joining, 👍🏽 like this message by Friday Sept. 2nd and we’ll kick the group off on Tue. Sept. 6.

Thanks!

Omar

Last call for joining the private customer research group @Omar Carrasco mentioned above, where you’ll be able to share more in-depth feedback on Guru customization capabilities we’re actively planning. Give a 👍Like on Omar’s comment above by EOD today to be included!

I just saw this and would love to participate! Thanks 

I’d love to join but I’m not available this Tuesday at all.  I’ll keep an eye out for future opportunities. 

@Siobhan Hyser you don’t need to be available today, as we’re kicking it off asynchronously, so we’ll include you in the private group!

Hi @Chris Anderson , please also include me in the private customer research group.

@Chris Anderson @Omar Carrasco  I also just saw this and would like to participate if possible! 

@Chris Anderson @Omar Carrasco - I know it’s past the signup deadline, but if there’s any way I could participate I’m definitely interested. Let me know!

@Jacob Touchette invitation sent! 

Hi there. We too would very much like to see a customisable dashboard with relevant activities displayed, in particular customisable Announcements relevant to the different teams that we have.

Definitely the feature that would resonate with my team. Count our vote for a customizable dashboard! Thank you!

OpenComplete

Hi Guru Community, 
I’m moving this to ‘Complete’ based on the release of Guru's new dashboard. Any additional ideas, suggestions or feedback please create a new Product Feedback post. Thanks!