Turn off comments on a card

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools

For our CX organization we have a weekly newsletter. Sometimes questions will be asked on this card that does not necessarily belong there for an SME to answer. 

Is there a way that guru can build a feature for a card to be designated as a newsletter? We swap out the cards quarterly, as the content can get long so it would be nice to be able to “toggle to disable” comments on a card deemed as a newsletter/bulletin.

Hi @Ronnie Tungpalan!

As part of our inline comments project, we’ve been thinking about the potential usefulness for the ability to turn off comments for certain content, it’s a request we’ve heard before. Rather than designating a type of content that wouldn’t support comments would it be valuable for you to be able to control whether certain cards can be commented on at the card or collection level? I think of it that way because it could be done regardless of the type of content, which would give you more flexibility for when to use it. If that sounds like it solves what you’re looking for, I can update the title of this post to be about only the option to turn off comments and I can mark it as “Accepted!”

Hi everyone! Just following up to make sure you saw Guru released the ability to disable comments for your entire workspace:

We’ll continue to leave this idea open for upvotes and comment since it’s still not possible to disable on an individual Card basis. 👍