Release note

Introducing Company-wide Announcements on the Dashboard

Related products: Knowledge Management Tools User Experience
Introducing Company-wide Announcements on the Dashboard

Hello Guru Community 👋 

I’m excited to share that Guru users now see company-wide announcements front and center in their Guru dashboard. We’re live today to all Guru users on the Builder plan and above, along with other major product updates Ly had shared in her Community post last week.

One of the biggest challenges our customers face is keeping employees on the same page when it comes to company-wide initiatives. In order to make it easy to see the most important company-wide information at a glance, we’ve updated the dashboard in the Guru web app with a new section showing company-wide announcements. 

Just log into Guru’s web app and you’ll see the new dashboard, highlighting the most recent announcements that have been sent to the “all members” group in your Guru instance. Announcements sent to groups and individuals will still appear in the Tasks page, just like when this feature was called Knowledge Alerts.

Leaders can rest easy knowing that employees can quickly rally around what’s important, in real time and without all the noise.

We’d love to hear how your team is using the new dashboard! Leave a comment in this post, or head over to the Product Feedback area of the Community.

We hope you’ll love this new experience as much as we do!

c1NZyHPWwyDBzLF-ASmV0UD6P9YS9KPhsPGpO5aX6TuGVvgy6gryrbSd_UYleWBK353ay2yMp1jbFG7QBDG0SwY9GkDqEvoSbHsgPy7K70wbx26D1up9NDz3_LcwvT9HwYdhns3eYOhPRCiqQWg

PS - Missing the Trust Score on the dashboard? If you’re on the Builder plan or above, you can still see your Trust Score in the Analytics section of the web app. Trust Scores will still appear on individual Collections.

Don’t miss our other updates released today:

Super excited for this release! Seeing important company-wide announcements right in the dashboard is so helpful. Would love to hear what other folks think about this update and what types of announcements you’re excited about making.

Sigh. I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to create an Announcement...only to discover that it’s not included in the Starter plan, only Builder and above.  Would have been really helpful if you had included that information here, and also in the KB article titled “Sending Announcements”.

Sigh. I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to create an Announcement...only to discover that it’s not included in the Starter plan, only Builder and above.  Would have been really helpful if you had included that information here, and also in the KB article titled “Sending Announcements”.

Thank you for spotting this @Andrew Wilder, you’re absolutely right. I just updated the article and we’ll get the KB article updated too. Thanks!

Love this concept - it’s so great to have a visible central location for Announcements! However, it’s very limiting to only apply to All Member Announcements. We’re sending Announcements to more specific groups of users, so we won’t get much use out of this.

It would be phenomenal if we could select which Announcements to pin and for how long.

There is a card set as an Announcement on our Dashboard and I don’t understand how it was selected as an Announcement or how to de-select it and/or choose a different one. Where do I find help on how to do this? 

Hi @Alex Helton! All of the how-to info. for announcements can be found here: https://help.getguru.com/en/articles/4739776-sending-announcements

There are currently two options for removing announcements:

1. Delete the announcement: Ask the original sender of an announcement to delete the announcement by hovering over the far right-hand side of the announcement until the trash can icon, and selecting Delete announcement. They can also do this through Tasks → Announcements → Sent

2. Archive the Card: If the original sender is no longer with your company, you can Archive the Card (it will still be accessible in the Card Manager under "Archived", but not via search).