Has anyone used Guru Cards to display a company or org chart?

• 7 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Has anyone figured out a way to create a Guru card that displays a company or dept. org chart? I don't see a template for this. Just curious if others have tackled this successfully. Unfortunately, the org chart tool that our HR/Finance software (NetSuite) provides is awkward and doesn't provide iframe code for embedding in a Guru card.

Marie Frei 1 year ago

Great news for anyone seeking alternatives to linking out to or embedding org charts stored within other platforms: Guru now supports employee profiles which can optionally populate the team’s org chart, with the additional capability sync employee profiles with your existing HRIS. 🙌

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'm kinda making my own up on the fly and right now my plan is to do a Board for the Org Chart, with sections for each department, and then individuals within the section. I'm 100% stealing the idea of a 'My Story' card from this community.
As for an actual chart, I'm using Miro to build that and plan to provide a link to the Guru card for each person.
interesting. Would you mind sharing a few screenshots when you're done? I'd love to see how it comes out (graying-out any sensitive info, of course).
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Happy to! It's a bit lower on my to-do at this very moment, but I will swing back as soon as I've got a few built out
Userlevel 3
Oh I'd love to see as well! We've recently re-orged our CS team and we are thinking through how to present our new structure in a more streamlined way (we personally use Pingboard which is a good tool, but the less places we need to send someone the better)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We use pingboard too, just like Renee!
Userlevel 4
Badge

Great news for anyone seeking alternatives to linking out to or embedding org charts stored within other platforms: Guru now supports employee profiles which can optionally populate the team’s org chart, with the additional capability sync employee profiles with your existing HRIS. 🙌